Thursday, February 8, 2018

apendectomy

Last night, my wife went into the hospital and later was diagnosed with appendicitis, which, if my guess is correct, has been dealt with as of this morning. When I was growing up, appendicitis was something contracted by some, but not by others ... but all of them were kids like me.

Now a couple of older Americans (to be delicate about it) are confronted with a discombobulation accompanied by snow that needs to be shoveled. What do we do when both of us reach the fragile end of the stick? Well, maybe there will be a couple of teenagers looking to make a buck shoveling the snow in front of this house.

Well, it'll work out or it won't, but I concede I am resentful of my weakness and need to sit down when to-ing-and-fro-ing to the hospital or (assuming I can make it a reality) shoveling snow.

2 comments:

  1. Declining from age can be overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

    Sorry to learn you have problems shoveling. Time comes to get your tax dollars worth. If the city mandates sidewalk sholving, and fines for non-compliance they need to provide assistance for those with issues.

    ReplyDelete